Monday 3 September 2012

Two minutes for you.

When my head is whizzing with too many thoughts meditation seems to be the only thing that stops it spiralling out of control.  I have begun to notice that simply having the intention to meditate can initiate the quietening process.  When I begin to meditate I can actually feel both the physical and mental tensions softening, and melting away.  Lovely as that feeling is it often only lasts for a very short time, this can range from a few seconds to several minutes. As the slowing down and softening starts I visualise all my cells smiling with relief as peace and calm flush away my angst and fear. Even just two minutes of tranquillity is better than my whole day being consumed at great speed by relentless thoughts. Try it for yourself!
"Within yourself is a stillness and sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself" - Hermann Hesse, novelist & poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment