Thursday 21 February 2013

That heavy hearted feeling left by a cynic.

Of all human traits, being around someone who oozes cynicism at every opportunity makes me feel strangely sad.
Part of me wants to shake them and get them to realise that all they see around them is not actually negative, or being motivated by evil people. The world is not in fact conspiring against them. If I spend too long with a person like that I can end up feeling completely demoralised. It's as if because they are so completely opposite to me - I deflate!  If we were playing a game of paper, scissors, stone I'd be the paper, and they'd be the scissors.  I'm never going to win.
So, pay attention to the way you view the world - are you the eternal optimist?  Do you view the world with a healthy, balanced view?  Or do you think only bad things happen because people are out to hurt you?  The life experiences we have do of course leave their mark, but do pay attention to the reality of the situation being presented to you right NOW! Practising mindfulness can really help shed the old beliefs and bring more peace into your life - give it a go - it might just be that small step that makes a big difference.
"The cynicism that you have is not your real soul." - Yoko Ono
"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment