Thursday 25 May 2017

Physical Exercise = Mental & Physical Health

Recently I decided to get fit...I mean seriously get on with getting properly fit!  This has involved, 2 yoga classes a week, an aqua fit class, a circuits class, running 3-4 times a week covering varying distances between 2-4 miles where I either do a straight run or use an app for interval training, and finally following another app that has me doing squats, sit ups and press ups with all three sets being done every alternate day increasing repetitions in each session.
To the onlooker the changes are minute, unnoticeable even; but inside my body (and mind) forces of an epic nature are at work.
Chemical and muscular changes are taking place - and I feel alive!
It feels like my muscles have re-joined the workforce after several unhappy years of forced redundancy - and as a result my body is now finally rejoicing!
Not fulfilling my body's potential has been like continuing to watch a blurry television, tolerating poor quality reception knowing that all I had to do was stand up, walk to the TV, lean over and plug in the aerial.
I'm only doing what my body was built to do.
I've plugged in my aerial! 
I know there will be days when I feel less motivated and reluctant to get out there and get on with it, but I hope by writing this I can remind myself, (and maybe even motivate you) that the feeling I have now, the energy and focus and sense of life is in fact attainable.
"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity." - John F. Kennedy









No comments:

Post a Comment