Sunday 29 April 2012

Keep moving!

As I wait outside the school for my 11 year old son to appear I watch with bubbling laughter rising in my chest as the 5 & 6 year olds come bouncing, skipping, running and hopping out the school gates. The adults waiting for them try reining them in by holding a hand or clutching the straps on their bag, uneasy somehow at the freedom and energy pumping through their small person.  I love watching them, and I feel a heavy heart when I see an adult trying to dampen down their energy and enthusiasm. We are children for such a short time - this IS their carefree childhood - so let them bounce and hop for soon maturity, work and society will ensure they remain still a long time. 
Writing this I feel the need to get outside and do a cart wheel!  Perhaps my wrists and hips will prevent me from doing this sometime, but right now my 44 year old bones don't seem to mind, so for now I'll carry on. Be free, move with a spring in your step and celebrate that you have a body that enjoys being challenged!
"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." - Edward Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment