Tuesday 9 January 2018

Seeing the true picture

I could sit and stare at the waves for hours.  My gaze is fixed, but in the periphery of my vision I see wisps of white spray stretching out, squealing for my attention. 
I'm determined to stay fixed in my position, eyes ahead, letting myself sink into contemplative mood refusing to be teased or distracted by the developing drama on either side.
That's always the plan.
Truth is I can't do it.
Maybe I can calm the waves, maybe I can get them to see that there's no need for them to vie for my attention?
But I need to see the whole vista.
I need to have an appreciation of everything;  maybe then I can make some sort of sense of the view in front of me.
So I will keep turning my head and absorbing, observing, understanding all that I can see, only then can I give the best of myself.
"Seeing the bigger picture opens your eyes to what is the truth." - Wadada Leo Smith




2 comments:

  1. Love this blog....so true! Thank you Kathleen....comes at a time in my life where this strikes a chord x

    ReplyDelete