Sunday 17 June 2012

When your little people grow up!

Oh my...today my soon to be son in law posted photos of the wedding dress he's making for my daughter Emily on Pinterest - it's stunning!  I texted Ewen to say that it brought tears to my eyes to see it, and then as I was writing it I was aware that I had moved on from tear filled eyes to actively crying!  Happy tears I might add! I am so happy for them both, and this new chapter of their lives just fills me with joy.
Tears too as I remember the little girl learning about the world.  Learning that friends could suddenly become enemies - primary school could be so confusing for a five year old who loved everyone!  Her sadness at losing her beloved Grandma just before she started school, when she so wanted to show her how smart she looked in her new school uniform. A funny, caring, loving wee girl who is just the same - only in adult form!  A friend said to me recently that she too looks at the photos of her girls and wonders where they've gone, I know exactly what she means.  I still want to (and I admit, I sometimes do) bite Emily's nose when I see her, my little girl who back then, giggled like mad when I'd give her kisses and pretend to bite her nose off now mildly tolerates my madness!
I feel so grateful for the happiness she has found with Ewen, and I want to wrap them both up and protect them from any scary, sad or hard times, but they're adults and their life together is for them to live to the full,  secure in the knowledge that all the people who love them will do whatever they need to get them through any tough or rough times. I love you two very much xxx
"When you have brought up kids, there are memories you store directly in your tear ducts." - Robert Brault
"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart." - Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment