Monday 19 July 2010

Passion


Yesterday I was talking with a dear friend of mine from Shetland about the work I do in Reverse Therapy.
I found myself feeling quite emotional when I explained to her how grateful I am to have this job. The word "job" doesn't really sit comfortably with it as I don't ever feel like I'm working (in the technical sense) when I'm having a session with a client. I feel completely at ease in my role and can see quite clearly what it is the person needs to be doing or saying differently in order to re-gain that alignment between their headminds and bodyminds - and once they apply what I'm teaching in the majority of cases the symptoms reverse. I must have the best job in the world!
I have tremendous gratitude towards the people I meet and I never cease to share their excitement when they come in and tell me they've not had symptoms since their last session!
I'm passionate about the work, and I'm told that comes across in the session. I can't hide my enthusiasm about it and although initially I think this can be a bit of a surprise for some clients I know that after an hour of working together they can relax and smile with me as I share my passion for their recovery.
I put up the photo of me cartwheeling in Shetland last summer as it felt the most appropriate for this blog today!
"What is your passion? What stirs your soul and makes you feel like you're totally in harmony with why you showed up here in the first place? Know this for certain: Whatever it may be, you can make a living doing it and simultaneously provide a service for others. I guarantee it." - Dr Wayne W. Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment